The Geauga County Maple Festival will be holding an annual logo contest leading up to our 100th anniversary. Submit your entry for a chance to be a part of our storied history!
Submit your entry by midnight on January 20, 2020
The winning design will be featured on the official commemorative pin as well as our website and social media.
The winner will receive a Maple Festival Prize pack that include ride passes, pancake breakfasts and much more!
The winner will be featured in our Grand Parade on both Saturday and Sunday.
• The contest is open to amateurs and professionals
• All submitted work must be original work of the participant and must not include, be based on,
or derived from any pre-existing or third party designs, trademarks, or copyrighted images.
• All entries will become the property of The Geauga County Maple Festival (GCMF). By submitting an entry, each participant agrees that any logo designs are deemed assigned to GCMF and agrees that the GCMF
may obtain trademark or copyright protection. Only the entry chosen as the winner will be used or published by the GCMF, except to the extent that images are posted to the GCMF website and social media or distributed for input.
• Except where prohibited by law, an entry submission into the contest constitutes permission to
use the winner’s name, likeness, prize information and information provided on the entry form
for publicity purposes, without further permission or compensation. Personally identifying
information on this form will be used for administering the contest and to publicize the winning
• Each submission must be accompanied by an entry form acknowledged by the participant
and, if under the age of 18, by their parent or legal guardian.
• The GCMF reserves the right to modify the winning logo to fit the needs of the GCMF
• The decisions of the CMF Board of Directors shall be final.
• The participants must submit a scalable vector version of the design so that it is adaptable to
electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or
• Participants may submit no more than 3 entries.
• Any entry that fails to comply with any of the requirement of the contest shall be disqualified
and will not be considered by the selection committee.
• Logo may include color, and must be demonstrated on both a black and a white background.
• All submissions will be displayed on the GCMF website and GCMF social media.
How to enter
• Complete the Official Entry Form below and Acknowledge that you have read and understand the official rules
• Create a logo design in .jpeg (If Chosen, the winner must be able to submit a scalable vector version of the design so that it is adaptable to electronic and print media, to reproduction on small and large surfaces, and to use in color or in grayscale.
• Submit your completed entry form and logo design by no later than midnight on January 20th, 2020.
A Selection Committee comprised of the GCMF staff will evaluate all entries based on the following criteria (though other criteria may be considered):
Relevance – Does the entry align with the theme and goals of the GCMF?
Originality – Does the composition exhibit original design, creativity, and imagination?
Aesthetic Quality – Does the submission command attention? Does it display visual balance and color coordination? Do all the elements work together to create a unified and appealing design?
The Selection Committee reserves the right not to select a winner, if in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.